We will cover:
- What CBT is and how it works
- Step-by-step how to do CBT
- How the brain works and how we can conceptualise problems and understand ourselves
- How thoughts, feelings and behaviours are connected
- Understanding intrusive thoughts, worry and rumination
- Building a strong therapeutic relationship with clients
We will then look in more detail at how CBT applies to depression, anxiety, social phobia, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), insomnia and addiction. We’ll also look beyond CBT as newly emerging CBT-based psychotherapies.
The course comes with a comprehensive handbook as well as downloads and worksheets so that you have all the resources you need to deliver CBT to others or use it yourself. On completing the course, you will earn a certificate accredited by both the International Association of Therapists and the European Educational Standards Body (EESB).